[SunRescue] FS: Symbios PCI SCSI controller

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 20:01:18 CST 2001

I've got a new Symbios 8751SP Fast/Wide PCI SCSI controller
for sale.  Bought this about 2-3 weeks ago from CompGeeks, and
ended up not needing it (latest Solaris patch cluster fixed
the IDE data corruption problems I was having with the AXe
board and IDE drives).

You can find a good diagram and description of the card
at http://www.viglen.co.uk/support/Manuals/SCSIControllers/Symbios8751SP/descript.asp.

I paid $60 plus shipping for this (if I remember correctly);
I'll sell it for $55 (priority mail shipping included).  PayPal
preferred.

This works perfectly with any PCI-based SPARC (Ultra 5, 10,
30, 60, 450, SunBlade 100, etc).  They're great for switching
an IDE-based SPARC to a SCSI-based system; I used one of these
about a year ago to upgrade my Ultra5 to SCSI.  OpenBoot-compatible
(you can boot from them); no special driver installation required.

Also works with PCI-based PCs, of course.

Any further questions, feel free to ask.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net