[SunRescue] An oddity ...

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 19 17:58:20 CST 2001

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi

I got this in my mail.  I can't take it myself, as I already have too
many machines in various states of disrepair, but perhaps some other
UK rescuer might be interested ...

More info on the machine can be found at
http://www.galactic.co.uk/iainf/mg1.html

Contrary to what John says, it would seem to be R3000 based.

> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:17:50 +0000
> From: john_a_s at hotmail.com
> Subject: Whitechapel Hitech 20 on offer
>=20
> Hi David,
>=20
> I saw your name on the 'Classic Computer Rescue List' and am e-mailing
> you as I have a re-built Hitech 20 I no longer need. This is a UK
> designed and built MIPS R2000 based machine, with 24MB RAM, ethernet,
> and SCSI.
>=20
> The machine doesn't boot, but can display the boot ROM messages on
> screen. I don't have the correct display, but have lashed up a lead to
> my SVGA monitor which allows you to see what is happenning.
>=20
> The unit was rehoused at sometime into a standard AT case, but otherwise
> seems original.
>=20
> Please let me know if you are interested, I am looking for offers. It is
> rather heavy, and I would prefer someone to collect it (so at least I
> can show it partly working).
>=20
> I am in Felixstowe, Suffolk, which I reckon is about 70 miles from
> London.

--=20
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi--