[SunRescue] Re: New SunBlade

Scott Norwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 19 11:05:19 CST 2001

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> You can add a USB PCI card to a Ultra10 and it will work, BTW.
> Dunno about using a USB keyboard and mouse off it...

Just curious:  Sun says that the new Blade box won't run Solaris 2.6 or
2.7 because neither of them supports the USB keyboard and mouse.  Fine,
but is this an issue if a serial console is used instead?

I like the idea of this machine as a cheap way to get lots of extra
CPU cycles, but I'm running 2.7 at home, and still have a couple of
sun4c machines (which are OK for non-interactive use under 2.7), so
I can't really upgrade to Solaris 8 at this point, and I'd rather
not deal with Yet Another OS Version right now.

- Scott