[SunRescue] Drive problems

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 18 02:34:22 CST 2001

All,

I finally got around to finishing the upgrade process on my U10 tonight. I
put the SCSI card in, and it works like a charm. The zip drive and cdrom
that I put in were both recognized immediately, and the RAM I added is a
great boost for the machine. The only problems I'm having are the drives

I was planning on finally sticking the 36 gig drive into my U10 tonight,
then rebuilding the system. Unfortunately my SCA to 50pin adapter is for
some reason not providing power to the drive so I need another one. Anyone
know where I can get one a. cheap b. on relativley short notice?

Anyway since I wasn't able to stick the 36 gig drive in I decided I would at
least put in a second 4.3 gig ide drive, a WD caviar 1430. The drive goes in
fine, and when I do a probe-ide it is recognized properly as secondary
master, but neither format nor fdisk seem to see it.

Yes I did a boot -r, and yes I tried touching /reconfigure and rebooting.
Device special files were created for the drive, I checked.

Any ideas here?

Chris Byrne