[SunRescue] need cable for VT320 (off topic)

Linc Fessenden rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 17 21:08:21 CST 2001

Old Stuff Discount Warehouse wrote:

> Its a MicroVax 3400.  It has dual RF/RZ35 drives plus some big full
> height job.  It also has a TK70 tape drive.
>
> Rj-11?  Hmm, I thought it was bigger than that, but maybe not.
>
> Chad Fernandez
> Michigan, USA

I just got my first vax working as well!!!  Vaxstation 3100 m38.  Anyhow
I am sure your 3400 has the same ports as mine - which is an MMJ port (6
pins inside).  I had to build a cable for mine and used a rj-23 and
stuck a db25 on the other end to hook it to my wyse terminal.  In order
to use an rj23 though (they are available at any radio shack) you will
need to modify it a bit by filing off the sides at the top so it fits in
the MMJ jack.  They can work though.   You can easily find the wiring
diagram on the net -  in fact I think you can get them at planet vax.
Good luck!
-Linc.