[SunRescue] Re: Recommend starter Sun?

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 16 14:50:47 CST 2001

SS10s are infinitely more expandable that SS2s.  While the SS2 is limited
to 80mhz with a Weitek PowerUP chip, the SS10 can be upgraded to quad 110s
or faster.  The SS10 also takes more memory (and newer/cheaper memory if I
recall), and has more expansion slots (I think).  Personally, I'd try for
a low end SS10 that could be later upgraded if you decide you like working
on Solaris.

--
Joshua Boyd