[SunRescue] Re: Recommend starter Sun?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 16 14:01:43 CST 2001

>>Thanks for the info!  I'll keep browsing for a nice SS2 or SS10 - what
>>difference in performance could I expect from these two?  (Maybe rough
>>approximation vis-a-vis peecee world?)  Also, I've been reading that some
>>SS2's have heat problems?

Check the Hardware FAQ off the www.sunhelp.org site.  IIRC it has some
comparisons in it.

>>Will it be relatively easy to find another 10bT port for one of these if i
>>want to route/firewll with it?  Or should I look for one with another port
>>already installed?

www.twmaster.com - Mike Nicewonger.  A subscriber to this list and all
around good guy.  As someone pointed out previously it's easier to list what
he _doesn't_ have. ;-)

>>I'll keep looking & see what I can find; looks like headless is the way to
>>go, especially when shipping a Sun monitor would exceed its price
>>by, oh, an
>>order of magnitude!

16" Monitors aren't that bad to ship but obviously you want to try and find
a good 19" - 21" one local.  Check around.  Note: SGI (Silicon Graphics)
monitor will _not_ work for Sun.

Mike Hebel