[SunRescue] WTB RS/6000

mike dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 15 06:06:10 CST 2001

>Mike wrote:
>> In my quest to workstation happiness I realized I do not have
anything
>> IBM! I must correct this tradegy at once and I am looking for a RS/
6000

>Whoah there, little buddy! Do you have the stuff which is already in
your
>stable working (LX, IPC, etc?) Adopt a rule where you have to have N%
of
>your gear working before acquiring new gear? This needs to be moved to
>geeks@ (my mind in strange places.)
>
>-Jon

The LX is gimping along with 32mb of ram. I'm doing mostly cad type
stuff on it with Dia and Visual Thought for diagramming and PCB for pcb
layout. Also running netscape and other decent sun stuff. I've been
looking for cheap memory cause I can't stand spending $100 on 96mb LX
ram when I can get 256mb pc ram for $80. I'm keeping the IPC for a lazy
day, it needs major major work. A motherboard for my b0rked 712 is
coming also. All the rest of my hardware is working as far as my
knowledge will take me so I've decided it's time to expand again. Plus
I got some cash money and I want to spend it before the little voice in
my head makes me save it. Thanks again for the LX, it's fun workin on
4m and Solaris. If I just had those damn fddi drivers I'd be set.

Mike