[SunRescue] Recommend starter Sun?

Geoffrey T. Cheshire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 21:36:37 CST 2001

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and have been cruising ebay for some classic sun gear.
I don't have a real production need, but need a unix box at home I can bang
on (like to run apache, mysql, etc.) -- but mostly for  fun.  I'd like a bit
of the golden years of Sun!  Like to spend about $100 w/o monitor.

Ebay has tons of SS2's with what seems like enough RAM and HDD for what I
want to do, but maybe an IPX is better?

I'm thinking NetBSD would be a great modern OS -- I've worked with FreeBSD
and have OpenBSD on a laptop, so I can grok the *BSD stuff.

Any thoughts?
- - -
Geoffrey T. Cheshire <gtc (at) cheshirelaw (dot) com>
PGP IDs: 0xA898DA75, 0x7B9C0691 (office), 0x43713B0D (RSA)