[SunRescue] Unknown SBus 24-bit video card?

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 14:58:19 CST 2001

Another conundrum:
I have an apparent SBus video card (13W3
connector, BT463 RAMDAC) that is *completely*
unknown to any search engine.  It was manufactured
by Visual Information Technologies, (c) 1991, and
the main onboard graphics chip was apparently
proprietary (the chip claims to be a VITEC-DPD,
made in Japan).

It also has 32 individual Micron memory chips
on board, each a 42C4256DJ-10, which looks to
me like...hmm, maybe two 4MB memory banks?

The one reference that I found on the web a year
ago was in the spare parts list of an Australian
military site, where it was listed as a 24-bit color
video card.  Unfortunately, it doesn't want to
respond at all in any of our current hardware.
The SPARC 2 that it was pulled from a year ago
also had the 64MB memory expansion and had
supposedly been used for CAD work, but I can't
even get the silly thing to display a POST.

Anyone who can shed light on this would be much
appreciated.  It's not quite at a "free to good home"
status yet, but it may be soon if I can't do anything
with it.

	--Rip