[SunRescue] Opening 811s

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 13:35:19 CST 2001

--O5XBE6gyVG5Rl6Rj

Dan Lane <d at x11.net> wrote:

> Ok, I can't be arsed to check what an 811 is, but I'll assume its an
> external drive box.

Yup.

> opening them is an arse, I broke one before I figured it out :P
>=20
> take a small screwdriver and poke it in the holes on the sides, about
> three forward and two down from the back if I remember correctly!

811s actually have externally accessible catches.  At least, they
*look* like externally accessible catches, but if I push 'em in, the
lid still doesn't appear to move no matter how much brute force I
apply.  Well, I *could* apply more brutishness but I'd rather not
break 'em.

411s, on the other hand, are perfectly lovely to open once you've found
the right hole to stick things in.

--=20
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

--O5XBE6gyVG5Rl6Rj

--O5XBE6gyVG5Rl6Rj--