[SunRescue] Low-Bandwidth X

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 12 11:29:09 CST 2001

Actually, that was me who suggested that.  The person who aquired a Sun3
to run NeWS (although I still can't the machine's ehternet to work. )

As to Display Postscript, I don't have what I wrote in front of me, but I
only meant to suggest that DPS might be more efficient.  I dona't have any
sample stuff to test that ieda with.  My understanding is that Suns and
SGIs still have DPS, but if it is installed on the sun I have access to,
then the man pages are broken.  Also, the DPS headers can't seem to be
found by the compiler.  There is a DPS overvuew in the man system, but
nothing more specific.

XFree (for linux) requires a seperate module be downloaded, compiled and
installed.  Haven't had time to do that.  Also, haven't had time to
investigate DPS on an SGI, but in addition to the SGI, I'm going to need
it on either sun or linux to do any testing.

Old software (NeWS, DPS, Symbolics Lisp( is one of my passions.

Sorry for the typos.  I'm in a hurry and on a slow link.

--
Joshua Boyd