[SunRescue] Making Solaris 2.8 be a NAT gateway

Ron Rosson rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 12 10:09:14 CST 2001

Heya People,

Here is what I have:
        A SUN Ultra 1 running Solaris 2.8 with 2 ethernet cards running
        IPFilter.

The server is also running DHCPD to hand out IP addresses on le1. Ok
when I boot up I get an error on ifconfig for le1. when I get a prompt I
see that it initialized le1 with the same settings as le0 (Not Good).

So what do I do to fix that?

The one job of this box that I really need to get working quickly is for
it to work as a NAT gateway for the IP addresses that it hands out VIA
the le1 interface..

What is the magic to getting both ethernet cards configured properly on
boot?

le0  <- Public IP
le1  <- Private IP

The IPFilter Stuff is already done.

If anyone has a HOWTO please point me to it.. My Solaris knowledge is
still very weak. (I am a *BSD person try to learn Solaris  ;-))

TIA
Ron Rosson          			      ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 			      rm -rf *
insane at oneinsane.net     	            and all was /dev/null and *void()