First Computers (was Re: [SunRescue] Yay, I don't feel...)

Eric Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 10 14:06:22 CST 2001

I guess I'll chime in. The first computer I
ever messed with was a IBM S/34. I took
a class at a local college in RPG programming.
That led to the first part of my career.

First one I ever owned was a Timex/Sinclair
1000 thing. Then, on to a c64. First PC was
a true IBM XT with cga graphics. Used it
to play Ultima I and Leisure  Suit Larry.

Around the time the 486/66 came out, I
installed Ygdrasil "plug and play" Linux,
on mine - the box cost $1,900!!!

Only got into Sun and Solaris about two
years ago, when we installed some Sun
E250s to replace aging IBM mainframe
equipment at work. I ended up as sysadmin
because my boss thought Linux is like Unix.

(But hey, I'm still there!) heh.

Eric H