First Computers (was Re: [SunRescue] Yay, I don't feel...)

Clay Mellender rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 10 12:08:26 CST 2001

In 1977 my uncle handed down a "Baby1". 6502 CPU w/4k (YES, k!) of ram.
It ran Microsoft tiny basic, which has the distinction of being the only
piece of commercial software written by Bill Gates. It used 1.2k of ram.
There was no storage options that I was aware of. Whenever I wanted to
play "Lunar Lander" I had to key in all 140 lines of basic to play. I
have never even seen a reference top this machine anywhere, or been able
to find out who was the manufacturer. It was one HELL of a toy for a 9
year old though.

Clay