[SunRescue] SS20 SX problem

Andreas Spångberg rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 9 18:41:17 CST 2001

Hi,

I've just bought a 4MB VSIMM, it's a 501-2481,
for my sparcstation 20 and I'm having quite
strange problems installing it.

When I pop it in and power on the machine
I get a picture on my 20D10 with the new SX
graphics blob, but the machine seems to hang
on the Memory test phase. I turned it off and
powered it on again and this time the machine
didn't start at all. I suspected that perhaps
I had some DIMMS in wrong slots and rearranged
them according to the 10SX&20 manual found
on docs.sun.com but to no avail.

I suspect that the VSIMM is broken, but thought
I'd ask you guys before trying to find a new one
at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
  Andreas