[SunRescue] Should an editor require you to think?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 9 12:14:18 CST 2001

> ... Now I just need to totally strip and rebuild
> my Teletype and voila! Usable system!

The standard tty field strip and clean technique was to immerse
in a tub of solvent for a time.  Keep the magnet coils dry.
Then lube per TM-xxxx (forget which it is now).  If it is
an -33, they don't take kindly to such practices.  They are
only second class ttys.  15's, 19's, 28's, 37's etc do.

When was the last time any of us actually rebuilt a tty?
The last time I did it was about '79 or '80 on a M19, the
M37, and a Mite.  Those Mites were strange little critters
but would fit neatly in a relay rack stack.

Real OT computer jocks used Friden FlexoWriters!

Bob