[SunRescue] Re: OT funzies....

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 10:38:57 CST 2001

> Did I mention how I wanna be like bob when I grow up?

Nah, not really.  In another life maybe.....(:+}}...

> > Nothing is as slow as reading the netnews on an ASR33....!
> >
> > Real diehards cut the netnews to a paper tape, overnight, spooled it,
> > and read it the next day!

I think I still have a tty37 out in storage, although I have not seen
it in about 5 years.  The type pallets may be frozen up from lack of
use, but it might work.  There is an asr33 in the next room, but it
is hooked up to an old mostly unused scintillation counter.  But.....

For something fun....I have always thought it might be neat to sneak
up on some students in the hallway, plunk down that ksr machine, run
the cable around into a closet or the lab and fire up V5 in an emulator
and see if they would know how to login...... all the quizzled looks
and stares would be worth a million bucks!  Yet, there are a few sharp
ones around that would be right at home.....

Bob