[SunRescue] Re: Rescue digest, Vol 1 #1016 - 3 msgs

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 21:58:57 CST 2001

kevin at inscoe.org writes:

>I have to take issue with this one. I use Lynx quite regularly when I
>surf at home. I use a VT420 connected to a Linux intel to do most of my
>surfing and documentation. In fact all my web sites and documentation
>are Lynx friendly! :-) Yes I do use images but I always use an alt= tag
>to help me understand what the image was meant to be or explain it's
>purpose to the document. In this HTML/RTF/MIME email world I have to
>continue to respect those who continue to use text based tools. My
>18,800 Lira's worth anyway (current exchange rate as of today at 18:08
>GMT).

I do 99% of my web browsing using lynx too.

I found one site that goes so overboard on alt tags it's simply
ludicrous. Take a look at www.nasa.gov using lynx. Yow.

--- david fischer --- dave at cca.org --- www.cca.org -----------------------
----------------------- I took one sample and interpolated from there. ---