Overpricing (was: Re: [SunRescue] Looking for disk array, was: needNT-1

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 15:02:05 CST 2001

> > See, now that's okay.  We have one or two remaining 3.1 customers with
> > (s)Trumpet.  They're not a bother.  I'm waiting for someone to connect
> > up with their C-64. :)
>
> Once, when I was bored, I dialed up with my Hayes Smartmodem 300 (external,
> from the days when men made REAL MODEMS) and Trumpet Winsock.
>
> Slow, but it worked.  Man, I miss that modem - heavy, METAL, and LEDs you
> could see across a parking lot.

Gee, Bill, I just threw out my last rubber-cuppie 110 baud modem,
that I used in the old ASR33 days.  Golly, I should have saved it
for you.....(:+}}..... (running, ducking for cover.....)

Nothing is as slow as reading the netnews on an ASR33....!

Real diehards cut the netnews to a paper tape, overnight, spooled it,
and read it the next day!

(Whew!  It has been 18 years since I last read the netnews that way,
        thank heavens!)

Bob