[SunRescue] Sun Java Station

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 08:10:15 CST 2001

You sure have a lot of questions!

See www.bodoman.com for some pointers to Java Station info...

They can be made to netboot Linux, act about as fast as an SS/4-110 with no
local HD.

I have two, never got around to playing with - I have a squat-box unit that
has a traditional microSPARCII CPU and can take 64 Meg of LX RAM, and I have
"coffe-maker" looking one (Krups?) that came with 32 Meg RAM - it has a
slightly different CPU, takes odd RAM but looks cool (to some folks).

Solaris was reported to boot onthe squat "611 case" javastation *inside
Sun*, but was never made public. The squat unit has a TCX compatible
framebuffer and uses PC accessories (keyboard/mouse/video) and Crystal
audio.

HTH,

Ken