[SunRescue] Boot prom incantations on SparcStation 4/330?

Hatle, Steven J. rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 6 15:33:28 CST 2001

Bob,

The SCSI cable from the CPU board should go to the bottom of the two SCSI
connectors on the back of the case. Internally, there are two bays that can
swing out with the side off, and can each handle either 1 full-height device
or two half-height devices (at least that's how my 4/630 case is cabled).

With the top plastic off, there is a little hatch on top near the SCSI
connectors, and you can open it and jumper or un-jumper termination there.
So- if you want to have external devices, disable termination there, and
terminate your external device.

Again, this is all per my 4/630 case, but I believe that case (which I
really like from a looks and maintenance standpoint) was generic between all
the 4/x30 boxes.

Going out on a limb here, but I believe the partition size limit in 2.4 was
2 gig, but can't remember for SunOS.

Memory boards for the 4/330 were small 3U boards that fit in the "little"
slots of the case- you can have two. They take 1 or 4 meg 30 Pin parity RAM.
I used to have 2, but sent them off to Mr. Bill a long while back.

Have fun,

Steve