[SunRescue] Usenet: SUN 330 Free to good home

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 5 18:36:23 CST 2001

> What tidbits are good to know about the 4/330 machine?  Is the
> rom recent enough to boot comfortably off the scsi bus via a
> sun cdrom?  What was the usual tape on this machine?

I've been able to boot off of cdrom, ymmv, of course.  They came with
either a 60M SCSI tpe or a 150M.

> Would it run something as late as Solaris 2.4, or is it stuck
> with a SunOS 4.1.3 limit?  OpenBSD should work on it, as well
> as NetBSD.

Last revs for Sun4 arch is 4.1.4 or 2.4.  2.4+patches runs OK.

> He says it does not have a monitor or keyboard, but, if luck is
> with me, what usual graphics output would it have?

It could have a DB-9 (ECL, mono) monitor connection, a 13W3 (color) or
4xBNC (again, color).  The color options were generally 1152x900 at the
66Hz range.

-Pete