[SunRescue] Usenet: SUN 330 Free to good home

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 5 15:52:27 CST 2001

> saw this on misc.forsale.computers.workstation:

If noone objects in shrieking horror, may I claim dibsies on this
critter?  It's in town, here, and the shipping would be horrible,
to anyone else, right?.....(:+}}...

> Free to good home 1 SUN SPARC 330

What boardset is this thing likely to have?  It looks like it should
be pretty close to my 4/260, but are the ram, etc, boards compatible?
Should I expect the usual 12 slot deskside case, or would it be something
else?

> This is an old machine. It is in great shape. Complete with hard drives
> of unkown condition and size. I have never had this machine running.
> Great for a collector of older equipment. If you have any questions send
> me email. For pickup only I would deliver in Raleigh area. I will not
> ship. If nobody claims it it will go to the dumpster. Wife says it's got
> to go.

What HD's would likely be with it?  That era tended to be ESDI or early
scsi, and 300/600mb maxtors would come to mind.

Thanks

Bob