[SunRescue] Need drive rails/mounting kit

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 5 13:36:22 CST 2001

All,

I finally got around to buying a new SCSI adapter for my U10 (the Symbios
from compgeeks) and I want to mount my 36 gig 10k rpm IBM UltraStor (the
server optimized model with the big cache) in the unused 5 1/4" bay.

Anyone who has one of these drives knows four things

1. They are very fast
2. They are very loud
3. They are very hot
4. They are VERY BIG (1.6" format)

I tried a standard el cheapo drive rail setup designed for floppy drives
and small HDD's, and when the drive was spun up it shook and buzzed like
a chainsaw. What I'm looking for is a mounting rail set or kit that will
solidly mount the drive to isolate the vibration. And if the yods smile
upn me, preferably one that allows me to cool the drive down a bit.

Any ideas, suggestions, sales pitches etc...?

Chris Byrne