[SunRescue] Looking for a good ultra 60 2X

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 5 13:19:53 CST 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Christopher Byrne wrote:

> Simple, the reason why I want Elite3D is because I already have (or have
> had) several creator 3D machines and I'd like to try the elite. Plus I do a
> lot of CAD work. I think I told everyone before that I'm an aerospace
> engineer by college training, and I still do a lot of aviation work just for
> fun.

If there's any chance at all that you'll be doing anything involving
texturing, get the Expert.  The Creator and Elite line do very well for
T&L but texture performance is miserable.  The Expert doesn't compare to
high end graphics systems in texture performance but it is a solid
midrange performer.

I find the Elite is a great fit for apps like SDRC IDEAS.  Then again, I
learned to use it on an IBM 320 with a pile of RT's as X terminals, so
perhaps my expectations are just low.  :)

-James