[SunRescue] compiling cdparanoia (was mp3 collections)

brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 4 16:03:11 CST 2001

Hi,

last week or so there was a thread about mp3 collections in which
someone mentioned using a U10 to rip mp3's with cdparanoia.  was this
U10 running sparc linux? has anyone else managed to get cdparanoia
compile under solaris? I can't, it seems to be looking for linux
specific libraries...  i visited the cdparanoia homepage and read that
the next version is supposed to support solaris but makes no mention of
where to get the source code.  otherwise, what ripping software is
available?  ripping mp3's on my dual pentium p55c box at the whopping
rate of 18 minutes per song just isn't an option...

TiA,
-brian