[SunRescue] More on IPX nvram failure

Eric Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 4 15:24:12 CST 2001

Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> There is also some oddness going on regarding the NVRAM's from Mouser in the
> IPX. George Adkins is having some difficulty with his IPX's on a recent
> batch of NVRAM's purchased from Mouser. He posted about it recently in
> comp.sys.sun.hardware newsgroup

I read that - That's my problem all right. Hopefully, someone
will discover a work around or fix for this problem. But it seems
that the lastest M48T12's aren't up to spec. It's doubtfull that
I'll spend anymore money on this box though. I've got about
$35 in it so far. I can find another for less than that probably.

On a sad note, I threw a Classic in the garbage today.  It had
been gutted and the wires to the power supply had been cut.
It's the first time I've ever thrown out an old Sun. It was kinda
sad.

Eric H