[SunRescue] Type 4 optical mice

Adam Kropelin rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 4 12:19:23 CST 2001

At 10:40 AM 3/4/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone have the URL for the postscript file for Type 4 optical mice?
>My type 4 mouse pad recently suffered at the hands of my 1.5yr old, and is
>no longer working correctly.
>
>Amazing how kids and geeks are so alike -
>ohhh....look....shiny....must....touch......
>
>Kurt

Here's one I picked up years ago. Never tried it, so let me know if it
works for you.

%!PS-Adobe-2.0
%% Sun 3 mouse pad
%% Copyright 1987, BeakSoft Inc.
%% All Rights Reserved
%% Permission is granted to copy and use this without charge as long
%% as the copyright notices remain intact.
%%
%%

gsave
90 rotate
/ZapfChancery-MediumItalic findfont 24 scalefont setfont
5 -40 moveto
(This is a mouse pad.  It works!) show
( 1987, BeakSoft Inc.)
     dup
         stringwidth pop
         10.9 72 mul
             exch sub
         dup /copyr exch def
         -40 moveto
     show
/Symbol findfont 24 scalefont setfont
(\343)
     dup
         stringwidth pop
         copyr exch sub
         -40 moveto
     show
grestore

.8 setlinewidth
50 0 moveto
250
     { 2.4 0 rmoveto gsave 0 11 72 mul rlineto stroke grestore } repeat

.6 setlinewidth
50 0 moveto
300 { 0 2.8 rmoveto gsave 8.5 72 mul 0 rlineto stroke grestore } repeat

showpage