[SunRescue] Looking for SS20

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 3 02:17:21 CST 2001

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 01:26:07AM -0600, Reagen Ward wrote:
> Just
> remember, these cheap servers have no PCI and no SCSI, so don't expect
> to use them for anything requiring fast disk access or lots of storage.
> Heck, considering the limited cache and I/O of these units, I wouldn't
> use them for anything greater than a localized DNS, LDAP, NIS or other
> distributed server, or as part of a farm of machines.

sunhelp.org / mrbill.net is an AXe-based board, 300Mhz/512k, 128mb RAM,
dual IDE drives (4.5G, 9G).  Works *fine*, and I host a TON of web sites
(10 or so) and some high-volume mailing lists (all the sunhelp lists plus
sunmanagers).

I'd be happy with another 128mb RAM, but ECC EDO is too damn expensive
right now. 8-(  Overall, the machine works great, and tons better than
the U1/140 it replaced.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford