[rescue] SS1000 reassembly pictures

David Rouse rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 30 16:30:13 CDT 2001

On Saturday, June 30, 2001, at 05:14 PM, Larry Snyder wrote:

> I'll bite -- rail thickness/screw clearance?  SCA alignment?
>
> Nice job on the pix.  Got any 'befores'?

Well, one of the reasons I tried to change rails is that with the new
style rails the drive didn't look completely seated. But apparently that
is the way it wants to work.

It really wasn't that dusty inside, except for the fans ... one of which
has a bad bearing (or something). I woke up at like 3:30 am and had to
shut the server down the fan was grinding so bad. Cleaning didn't help,
I guess I'll have to ask an electronics shop about a fan that size.

"Yeah I want a computer fan that big, why?"

--
David Rouse