[rescue] Re:EMACS

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 04:20:34 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 07:39:52PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > But you said that you are more comfortable with RedHat, which is odd --
> > NetBSD and FreeBSD use a distinctly BSD-like filesystem structure (after
> > all, they *are* true BSDs), while most major Linux distributions
> > (including RedHat and Debian) follow the filesystem hierarchy standard
> > more or less closely.
> I think you're suffering tunnel vision rather badly.
> The FHS is, for all intents and purposes, almost identical to *BSD's hier(7)

True, but inconsequential for the point I am trying to make. Which is
this: In the case of Debian vs. RedHat, it's odd to classify them as
BSD/SysV based on the filesystem structure, because both follow the same
standard.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

Real Programmers like Arithmetic IF statements -- they make the code
more interesting.