[rescue] Linux is GNU, only GNU, nothing but GNU

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 15:36:09 CDT 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 02:36:32PM -0500, ward at zilla.nu wrote:
> > Then again, RMS likes to tell people what to do based on his own warped
> > opinions (so do I, but I can't seem to get away with it).  Check out his
> > 'Why you should not use Tcl' flamebait.
>
> RMS needs to shave, get an apartment, and take real baths, and people
> would respect him more.  Living in his office @ MIT and taking sponge
> baths in the bathroom?  Uhh, most people quit being "professional
> students" by 25 or so. 8-)

I don't think that anyone would really call him a student anymore.  I
mean, he hasn't taken any classes since at least the 80s, has he?

What I've always wondered is why did the GNU project try to recreate Unix,
instead of creating a new LISP OS?  If anyone could have pulled off a lisp
OS, it would have been them.

--
Joshua Boyd