[rescue] Re:EMACS

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 17:02:06 CDT 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> I had been trying to run my debian machine through apt-get and related
> things.  I've come to the conclusion that it is a bad idea.  Get a minimal
> install using the provided tools, then do everything else by hand is what
> I used to do, and it is what I'm going back to.

Just out of curiosity, how did you come to that conclusion?  I quite
like it, and have found it works really well, and can even easily
get apt-get to allow me to take care of certain packages myself...
I've had a friend who couldn't stand apt, but then he couldn't stand
ANY package management system.

--Kurt