[rescue] Re: SGI

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 06:52:21 CDT 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Robert Rose wrote:

>  >Well, originally, the O2 came with a nice video module. That later
>  >became an option though, so if it is a really old O2, then it probably has
>  >video, if it is fairly new, probably no go.
>  >However, the video modules are fairly cheap on ebay.
> Well given it's a R5000-180 I'm guessing it's going to be quite old.  Maybe
> I'll be lucky???

I don't know when they switched the video module to being optional, but I
know that it was before they switched to the r5200.  But, I don't know
when that was.   It would still be a nice machine without, and if you
really want it, it is affordable to add later.

> Well, the wife has agreed we can drive to Melbourne (400+ miles each way)
> next week and "have a look" provided she can get some shopping done while
> we're there.  I've told the seller I definately want it, I just have to
> convince her now.
>
> She's never seen an O2 in the flesh (plastic?) but I'm hopeful she'll be
> keen when she sees how sweet the O2 case looks.  She likes the colour of
> the Indy but that's about the extent of her interest in it.  My only
> problem will be if she adopts it like she did the libretto.  (see bill, I
> can say these things because she doesn't read this list!).

She would need software for it wouldn't she?  That's easy enough to deny
the existance of.
--
Joshua Boyd