[rescue] Re: Anyone (SF Bay Area) need a 690MP?

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 26 12:28:32 CDT 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, G W Adkins wrote:

> > are those DEC/PDP differential boxes in the bottom of that thing?
> >
> no, they're BIG IPI disks (8 inch platters)

For the Douglas Adams fans out there...

	== ZEBRA CROSSING ==

I have an IPI tray at home somewhere... never powered it up. At the time I
was amazed at having 5GB of diskspace, even if it was 70+ pounds and
required 20+ excedrin to move.

Turns out it had a reserve over $250 it seems. Too bad. Probably worth it
even without the heavy metal though.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows