[rescue] I'm one happy geek

Dan Sikorski rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 23:28:51 CDT 2001

> Which makes me wonder now - why wasn't Ethernet (or ARCnet) adopted for the
> horde of peripherals littering my desk?  Ethernet NICs are cheap, and
> imbedded into Mice/Scanners/Etc. could have been cheaper yet . . .
>
> Why NOT a desktop Ethernet LAN?  Anyone?

I've had this conversation with a friend before....   I'm no computer
engineer, but I could see no reason why it wouldn't work....   The thing
is, it would confuse the hell out of Joe Blo PeeCee user....   (ya mean
i just plug all this stuff into the hub?  can't someone hack into my
mouse then and put a virus in it and spy on the porno i look at and tell
my wife about it?)

   -Dan Sikorski