[rescue] Another fine business decision for us axp-lovers

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 14:45:30 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 02:13:30PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   SGI had one Intel-based product line that is failing.  This doesn't
> constitute "heading towards Intel".

The new Origin 3000 c-bricks will be mostly Intel -- either PIII Xeon or
IA-64. No more MIPS. Or so I've been told. Though I don't know why you'd
want to pollute such a wonderful machine with Intel hardware ... but,
yes, MIPS appears to be mostly dead; I'm sceptical as to whether the
R18k will ever be built.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

You know you've been hacking too long when you reach for the mouse to
cut-and-paste some code from a sheet of paper into the editor.