[rescue] What would you do?

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jun 24 08:16:22 CDT 2001

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 12:51:11AM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> >
> > get the h*ll out of Allentown :-)
>
> that's plan A1. :)
>
> > Here in Mount Joy PA - Lancaster Co. area, definitely "hick" but little/no
> > crime and I pay $530/month for 2BR 1 Bath townhouse.  I do all my work
> > remotely or have local clients, so location is not a problem.

I pay $435 or so for a 2BR 1 Bath townhouse and that's buying it.
Houses are still findable for under $100K inside the Philadelphia city
limits, including some rather neat neighborhoods, and including even a
few in Center City.  Of course, then one pays city wage tax.

> > If you are a Unix guru w/ a little bit of graphics knowledge, check out the
> > various large printing companies in Lancaster Co.  A lot of them don't
> > really have people with a clue...
>
> i'm thinking of heading down towards philly.  not cheap to live, but the pay
> is really good.  works out rather well.  plus, all my friends live down that
> way. :)

The number two reason people with computer skills move to Philly; the
number one reason is that they have family in the area.

I don't have a car; I don't have to have a car.  Price of food is
comparable with any place, really, though probably food would be
cheaper in Lancaster County since so much is grown there.

Much more interesting things to do than in Allentown or Lancaster
County.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net