[rescue] spousal units

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jun 24 03:07:11 CDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On June 21, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > You confuse amazement with appreciation...
> >
> > We support and enjoy the seeming daily discoveries of what you have. ("Space
> > Shuttle Booster Rocket? Sure - I v'e got one, I poked a hole in the side, filled
> > it with puppy chow, and now the neighborhood dogs come to my house to eat. And
> > the grass, well, it hs anever looked greener, OK?")
>
>   Umm, perhaps now would be a good time to mention... :)
>
>   I went to an auction at NASA's Wallops Island facility about two
> years ago.  There were several 1st-stage shells there, I believe they
> were from some sort of sounding rocket.  They were about 18' high.  I
> seriously thought about it.  They went for about $100.

Small price to be able to stick it in your front garden...  And remember to
get a piece with N-A-S-A in huge letters on it.  Bit or theatrical smoke
comes from the bottom, and the neighbours will start to crap themselves.

Just a thought, then you could get a webcam, and `reassemble' that famous
shot of the U-S-A going past the camera on the Saturn 5 rocket.