[rescue] Rack units (was Re: spousal units)

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 16:23:31 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 02:07:01PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > ever seen one of those IBM huge enclosed 19" off-white racks AS/400 gear
> As an aside of sorts, there are some ubersexy IBM black RS6000 racks at
> Weirdstuff in Sunnyvale, California. I think they want $400ish for them,
> but oh my. If I had a house, I'd have them. And I'm not a big IBM heavy
> metal fan (I have a Powerstack and some PS/2s, and I hate AIX)... but
> those just looked so sweet.

I'm looking for a "short rack" - basically under 4' tall, but otherwise
same as a cabinet.  Dont need front/back doors.  I'd like to have
something I can put my switch and other network equipment in, put my
PC on the top, and get rid of the ugly tuffy plastic shelves I'm
using now.  Caster wheels on the bottom would be nice too.

> Also had some Auspex racks in, kinda cool with the logo on the front, but
> no intellectual arousal from them.

I dissasembled one of these.  Talk about a bitch to take apart.  TONS of
screws/bolts.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford