[rescue] Tyan boards/MP boards

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 16:00:36 CDT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> My Tyan is a BX, if that reasures anyone of my competency to own and
> operate a computer.

I have a Trinity 400 with a P3-733 that's pretty good for desktop stuff
(got some case shorts, so I have to put it in a better case...). The Tyan
board I use and love is the Tomcat 4D, dual Socket 7. I had it running for
two or three years before I put a second CPU in it, but it caches 512MB of
RAM and takes up to Pentium Classic 233. I have P133s in it now and 64MB
(FreeBSD, web and mail and dns, works like a charm) and there's a pair of
P200s in a Tomcat 3D waiting to go into it. Whee.

The MP boards I like so far are the ALR ones. I have a dual Pentium II
Revolution 7300 (I think) with dual onboard U2LVD SCSI. Nice for my
less-than-bleeding-edge needs, and much cheaper too. Just need to find
another P2-350 or a fresh pair of processors for it, oh, and a case. :)

--Rob (too much LVD on my hands, and it's ticking away...)

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows