[rescue] 670MP windfall in the surplus diving frenzy today.....

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 22:50:26 CDT 2001

On June 20, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> I'd like to point out that XFree can do it the classic way, ans also the
> windows way.  You use xinerama for the new way.  I'm told that xinerama
> also works with the Sun X server (the one with modern solaris, not
> whatever one the old NetBSD machines use).

  Excellent!!  Now THAT is some nice functionality.

  Though hearing "modern solaris" and "old netbsd" does give me a
chuckle.  But their insistence on sticking with X11R3 for
political/licensing/other-nontechnical-bullshit reasons is truly
absurd.  I remember upgrading to X11R4 for the HUGE performance
benefits when my main desktop (deskside?) machine was a MicroVAX-II
more than TEN YEARS AGO.  Sheesh!

  Xinerama seems like really nice stuff.  Is it stable?

    -Dave McGuire