[rescue] external 8x8x24 scsi cd burner for sale

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 16 16:30:19 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Got a good deal on an upgraded cd burner, so I'd like to get rid of the
old one. I'm looking for $150 inc. shipping/insurance and some media;
Paypal preferred but ecount/billpoint/checks/money orders are okay.

This is a CRW8824S Yamaha internal SCSI cd burner, 8x write/rewrite and
24x read, in an older-style Sun cdrom enclosure (not unipack style). The
SCSI connectors are MHD50 (as found on the back of all sun4c and later
narrow-scsi-type Suns).

I've been using this guy for a couple of months on a FSBE card in my Ultra
1, burning a couple dozen CDs which have happily been booted and read on
PC, Alpha, and SPARC CD and PC DVD drives. I use Schilling's Cdrecord 1.9
on Solaris 8 with this drive.

	scsidev at 1.6.0:YAMAHA  CRW8824S        1.00|CD-ROM, /dev/rdsk/c1t6d0s2

It looks like most of the Yamaha externals are going for around $150 on
ebay, so I'd like to get $150 for it. This would include ground shipping
and insurance within the US, a power cable, a terminator, and a handful of
blank media upon request.

Add-ons:

If you want the Windows software that came with it, I will look for that
box, but I can't guarantee that I'll find it--if I do, it's yours free
with the drive. I can add a MHD50-MHD50 cable for $16 (that's what I pay
for them) or others at cost, and I probably have a spare FSBE SBUS
SCSI/Ethernet card if you want to put it on its own bus (make me an
offer). For those of you on PCI systems, I should have a PCI scsi card
available too if I look hard enough--ask if you're interested.

It will probably go on ebay tomorrow if nobody here wants it.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows