[rescue] 600MP proms

Cookie rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 16 09:40:26 CDT 2001

No, Dave should not have to loose any money on this.
And he should keep the original proms we buy.  I was
just offering  cover the origin price, if it would help
move us along.
   I have some older Ross Proms just sitting in a
plastic case.  They are 2.14, but no idea on the revision.
The current set I have is actually running a machine...
That I have friends using, and am reluctant to bring down.
   What I do know is that the ones BP is selling are
the most current ones Ross made before its demise.
  The pisser in my mind with Bridgepoint is they
bought Ross because they needed chip fabrication
experience/facilities, and want nothing to do with
the old Hypersparc stuff, other than sell off the
old inventory.
What they are selling is ROBP 2.14V3R2
The Part Number is 522-0006-00 for a 600 MP server.
   Although it did do a very cool thing when I first installed it.
It went through a "discovery process" that I am at a loss to
get it to repeat. (if anyone knows a command I can run to
make it do it again, i could really use it )  It looked for and
initialized memory by Bank (1-12)
looked for scsi and ipi devices and several other
cool things that bridgepoint has no idea about.

Since I run RedHat here is "cat /proc/cpuinfo" just for reference

cpu             : ROSS HyperSparc RT625 or RT626
fpu             : ROSS HyperSparc combined IU/FPU
promlib         : Version 3 Revision 2
prom            : 2.14
type            : sun4m
ncpus probed    : 4