[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 14:42:01 CDT 2001

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 03:36:28PM -0400, Gil Young wrote:
> Ugh, I hate the "baby bell" and seemingly general corporate attitude from
> the point of view that they hold little faith in their people to resolve
> the issues.

Actually, this is a GREAT environment.  However, as the admins, our time
is valuable, and rarely can we spend all day kicking a box just to see
if we can fix it - this is a BIG company, and we always have OTHER things
to do.  So, if we cant get it fixed within a reasonable amount of time
ourselves, we'll call support, and go on to project #2 or 3 while waiting
for SE to show up.

> I like having the big contracts as well, so that if =I= need
> them, they are there, but if not, I would perfer they stay out Out
> OUT!  But then again, there are the issues that need the manufacturer
> involvement, and well, frankly, it speaks well that most of the problems
> are only resolvable by the manufacturer, it means the ship is running
> as  tight as can be.

Most of our problems end up being vendor issues.  SCSI controllers dying,
etc..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford