[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 14:26:03 CDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Devin L. Ganger wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 01:48:10PM -0400, linc wrote:
>
> > Ahh, but when's the last time and version you actually "felt" Linux on
> > your machine?  I have RH6.2 on a Sparc 20 and you just can't kill
> > it.  That and it'll run anything.
>
> There's a big difference between running Linux on a SS20 and running it
> on a 4/690.  Believe me, on less common hardware, Linux starts feeling
> shaky and less solid -- and this is as of Redhat 7.0.

RedHat 7.0 is absolutely the single worst Linux distro you could ever put
on anything.  And therein probably lies the majority of the
problem.  Either wait for 7.2 or go back to 6.2 for Redhat or else try
Debian (current) or Suse.

--
  3:24pm  up 58 days,  3:22,  4 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.29, 1.54