[rescue] linux ports

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 13:37:45 CDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> I was under the impression that the biggest problem with linux for the
> alpha was GCC being really aweful at compiling alpha code.

Might be worth trying Compaq's Linux Alpha compilers then?

http://www.support.compaq.com/alpha-tools/software/index.html

Seems to be free, supposedly matches features of their Tru64 compilers and
some GCC compatibility stuff too. I haven't tried it yet (still have Tru64
5.1 on my lightest working Alpha) but it might be worth a look.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows