[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Rob rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 12:41:43 CDT 2001

In message <018701c0f5b4$97f7ed20$3800a8c0 at diversifiedllc.com>, "G W Adkins" wr
ites:

>> FYI, if you are in the DC metro area, Terapin Trader is a great place to
>get
>> old crappy^H^H^H^H neat hardware.  I picked up the 670/MP with 4 cpu's and
>> 128MB for $50!  I can post directions if people are interested.
>>
>mmm, please!

http://www.purchase.umd.edu/ttrader/

The web page has directions, and an (old) list of the inventory.  Be
forewarned, their hours *blow*!  They are open Tues-Fri 10am-3pm, so basically
you have to go during work.  (Which is fine for me, seeing as I work here :).
Also, the 670/MP is not common place there, and was decent buy... you have to
go often and keep tabs on what's there.  Also, they don't take cash (!) and
have a funky tiered system of who can buy things when.  Check out the page for
details.  OTOH, they sold a lot of 10 166Mhz Alpha's and a couple 233Mhz
alphas for $200 because they couldn't make them boot, so it can really be
worth your while to go there.

- Rob
.