[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Devin L. Ganger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 14:52:17 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 09:53:20AM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Of course, at $150k a year, you can afford to burn out after a couple of
> years, but I'm still not sure that is a wise idea.

Oh, get over yourself already.  NT and W2K, when run on proper hardware,
are neither more nor less difficult to run and maintain properly than
Unix systems.  It takes getting to know the internals well, as is the
case with Unix.  It takes some discipline and methodology, as is the
case with Unix.  It takes proper support and resources, as is the case
with Unix.  But there's nothing inherently more soul-destroying about
NT/W2K than there is with Unix, and anyone with the skillset to command
*and deserve* $150K/yr will make NT/W2K sing and dance just as well as
Unix can.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
find / -name *base* -exec chown us:us {} \;